One corner at a time

 

I decided to start with this corner for 2 reasons.  One, there isn't very much stuff in this area so I hoped to feel successful right away.  And two, I thought I might be able to sell some of it. 

I have 3 main methods of selling stuff: Facebook Marketplace, Offer Up, and Nextdoor.  So, why not just donate this stuff?  Well, the local thrift shops are looking for very specific items.  They want things that will make money.  You are better off selling your random stuff and then donating the money to an organization that you care about.

One of the items in this area was an old floor hockey net.  There are bits of it sitting around this area.  The net is spilling out of a box.  The posts are duct-taped together and sitting on the floor.  I tried to get rid of this net years ago but my husband freaked out.  He still held out hope that our children would become athletes.  10 years later, I can safely say that that hasn't happened.  The longer that net sat down there, the higher the probability that it would get destroyed.  

I sold the hockey net, a wicker toy box that I have had since childhood, and a shadow box for awards that never got used.  

Thus far, I have made $30 on stuff that was just sitting there gathering dust.  Stuff that I would have ultimately had to throw out.  So here is the newly clearer corner:



Comments