The Worst Corner - Revisited


 Somehow today this area seems to look worse than ever.  I set up the saw horses to create a makeshift table for sorting through stuff.  Somehow I ended up focusing on the shelving unit in the corner. I found a shocking hoard of college textbooks, my college textbooks!  This is the very thing I complain about my husband doing.  

Off to the book recycling bin located in a parking lot near my house with those.  I filled the bin and actually had to stuff the last few in.  I was nice and texted the company to let them know the bin was full.

All in all, I emptied 2 large bins and one box.  I listed a bunch of games from my teaching days for sale online and a friend texted me to say she would take all of them.  I did a preliminary sweep of my kids books and eliminated a few of those. I know I will have to go through those several more times to really get it down to what I actually might use in my current job and what I would want to save for the improbable grandkids.

I am hoping the current worse-looking appearance will ultimately result in a more organized result in a month.

I have challenged myself to remove one item from the basement every day for 30 days.  I intend to update once a week to hold myself accountable.  It's only day 3 so multiple items are going out the door.  We shall see how I do once the novelty wears off.

Comments