The worst corner

 

As much as I would like to blame my husband for the mess in the basement, this corner is mostly my mess.  As an educator for the last 20 years, I have acquired a fair amount of stuff.  At this point, my role has changed and I don't spend as much time in the classroom as I used to.  

So, it's time to empty out the bins and pair them down to what I really need.  The reason it looks like such as mess is that I would run down to the basement and go rifling through the bins to locate an item and then run off leaving all the bins open with stuff falling out.  

The barrier that I face in this area is that I know that most of this stuff is junk and I should really throw it out.  These are just little odds and ends that have been sitting around for years.  Who is going to want a bag of random plastic dollhouse furniture or animals?  Yet it's hard to just toss them in the garbage. 

Then there's the books.  So many books.  Time to really go through my kids books and save only the ones that I really love or still might use.  This area is going to be a challenge but I am hoping to devote 10 minutes a day to going through stuff.  Wish me luck!

Comments